American Andy Roddick was upset by Kevin Anderson 6-4 7-5 in the first round of the China Open and then stormed out of the post-match press conference after taking exception to a journalist's line of questioning.
"I didn't serve very well. It was unacceptable," American Roddick told a tense post-match news conference after losing to the South African.
The 29-year-old American then snapped at a Chinese reporter who asked him if he was considering retiring.
"I think you should retire," he said before abruptly leaving the media room.
TENNIS WORLD MAGAZINE - Issue 17 - FREE READING
In this issue you can find:
- Roger is training as if he is a happy child (here)
- An Interview With Garbine Muguruza Blanco (here)
- The greatest game ever played (here)
- The rise of Taylor Townsend (here)
- Sports Parents – Can It Work? (here)