Tennis - 21 year old Spaniard Pablo Carreno-Busta could be the young rookie to watch out for this year's French Open.
Carreno-Busta marked himself as one to watch for as he reached the semi-finals of the ATP Portugal Open on Friday. The Spaniard, who had to qualify for the main draw this week, upset fourth seed Fabio Fognini in three sets on Friday. He had earlier beaten fifth seed Julien Benneteau earlier in the week.
The 21 year old Carreno-Busta won 7 successive ITF Futures title earlier this year and was ranked in the 600s in January. He will be ranked inside the top 200 next week. He qualified for an ATP event for the third time in a row this week and has won a main draw match in each of them.
He will next meet second seed Stanislas Wawrinka, who beat local wild card Gastao Elias 6-4, 6-4.
(1) D Ferrer defeats V Hanescu 64 76(2)
(2) S Wawrinka defeats G Elias 64 64
P Carreno-Busta defeats (4) F Fognini 36 64 64
(3) A Seppi defeats (8) T Robredo 64 63
(1) A Qureshi / J Rojer defeats R Bopanna / A Ram 46 63 10-4
(3) S Gonzalez / S Lipsky defeats (2) D Marrero / M Melo 63 16 11-9
Do you know how to improve
your return to the first serve ?