12th seed Ana Ivanovic turned the 'much-awaited' third-round clash of the Sony Open Tennis her way, after defeating 20th seed Flavia Pennetta on Saturday.
The 26-year-old Serb produced a clinical performance to claim a 6-4, 6-3 victory in one hour and 17 minutes here, thereby improving her head-to-head record by 5-0 against her Italian counterpart.
Besides, fifth-seeded German Angelique Kerber scored her first win over Bulgarian Tsvetana Pironkova in three years, after a commanding 6-0, 6-2 in just over an hour.
Kerber, now, moves on to the fourth round of the tournament, where she will cross the swords with Sara Errani or Ekaterina Makarova.
TENNIS WORLD MAGAZINE - Issue 17 - FREE READING
In this issue you can find:
- Roger is training as if he is a happy child (here)
- An Interview With Garbine Muguruza Blanco (here)
- The greatest game ever played (here)
- The rise of Taylor Townsend (here)
- Sports Parents – Can It Work? (here)