American teen Jack Sock defeated 18-year-old Jason Kubler of Australia 6-1, 7-6 (7-5) in the singles final of the $10,000 Plantation Open Men's Pro Futures tournament Sunday in Plantation, Fla.
The eighth-seeded Sock, currently ranked No. 381 in the world, rolled through the week-long clay court event with five straight-set victories. It's the second Futures singles title in the 19-year-old's career.
Sock and Nicholas Monroe reached the doubles final before falling to Americans Drew Courtney and Jamere Jenkins 7-6 (7-3), 7-5
TENNIS WORLD MAGAZINE - Issue 17 - FREE READING
In this issue you can find:
- Roger is training as if he is a happy child (here)
- An Interview With Garbine Muguruza Blanco (here)
- The greatest game ever played (here)
- The rise of Taylor Townsend (here)
- Sports Parents – Can It Work? (here)