World number 19 Maria Kirilenko, announced her withdrawal from the prestigious Australian Open 2014, scheduled to be held in January 2014.
Kirilenko, who manage to reach the fourth round of this tournament in 2013, apparently, decided to keep the niceties of her injury confidential.
"My #adidas #stellaMcCartney #barricade #australian open dress. Unfor(tunately) I skip this tournament because of my injury," the Russian wrote on her official Twitter page, soon after unveiling her dress for the event.
Kirilenko's best appearance at the Australian Open came in 2010, where she made it through to the quarterfinals in women's singles category.
TENNIS WORLD MAGAZINE - Issue 17 - FREE READING
In this issue you can find:
- Roger is training as if he is a happy child (here)
- An Interview With Garbine Muguruza Blanco (here)
- The greatest game ever played (here)
- The rise of Taylor Townsend (here)
- Sports Parents – Can It Work? (here)