Li Na, the only Asian to win a Grand Slam (French Open 2011), said that her journey to year-ending WTA Championships has been very electrifying.
"My road to Istanbul has been very exciting," said Li Na, who holds a decent win-loss record of 42-13 this year.
The 5th-ranked Chinese, who ended up being the runner-up of the Australian Open 2013, losing to Belarusian Victoria Azarenka in a grueling three-setter, rated the moment as the highlight of her season. "My highlight of the year was reaching the finals of Australian Open," she added.
"I am happy to qualify, its always great to play in Istanbul," the Chinese said, who reached the venue to kick-start her preparations.
TENNIS WORLD MAGAZINE - Issue 17 - FREE READING
In this issue you can find:
- Roger is training as if he is a happy child (here)
- An Interview With Garbine Muguruza Blanco (here)
- The greatest game ever played (here)
- The rise of Taylor Townsend (here)
- Sports Parents – Can It Work? (here)