According to official sources, world no. 2 Rafa Nadal has resigned as vice president of ATP Player Council last week.
The Spaniard has long been very vocal about the long playing season, insisting that it be shortened. He even threatened to strike last year, and made some explosive comments at the Australian Open earlier this season.
The reasons that prompted Rafa to do this can be traced to the fact that his constant proposals were not supported by most of the players or the members of the Board of Directors of the ATP.
There has been no official comment on the matter.
TENNIS WORLD MAGAZINE - Issue 17 - FREE READING
In this issue you can find:
- Roger is training as if he is a happy child (here)
- An Interview With Garbine Muguruza Blanco (here)
- The greatest game ever played (here)
- The rise of Taylor Townsend (here)
- Sports Parents – Can It Work? (here)