World no. 2 Maria Sharapova will take on world no. 11 and former world no. 1 Caroline Wozniacki in an exhibtion match on December 28th in Seoul, Korea.
The two will use the match as preparation for the upcoming Australian Open in January.
Speaking to Korean media on Wednesday, Sharapova commented, "I think the match will be very competitive as we are both getting ready for the Australian Open. I am really excited to return to Korea. I have some great memories from (Korea). I know I have some great Korean fans, and I love their food and the culture."
Sharapova completed a career slam by winning the French Open in June while Wozniacki slid from the top spot in the world rankings in January to outside the top 10 at the end of the season.
TENNIS WORLD MAGAZINE - Issue 17 - FREE READING
In this issue you can find:
- Roger is training as if he is a happy child (here)
- An Interview With Garbine Muguruza Blanco (here)
- The greatest game ever played (here)
- The rise of Taylor Townsend (here)
- Sports Parents – Can It Work? (here)