Tennis - The first round Davis Cup World Group tie next season between Australia and France will be held in the Vendee region of western France according to a statement released by the French Tennis Federation on Friday.
The tie will take place on January 31st-February 2nd. The stadium has a 4,173-seater and the surface has yet to be decided.
This will be the first meeting between the two nations since the 2001 final in Melbourne which France won 3-2.
France have won the Davis Cup nine times and Australia 28 times.
Australia has beaten France in 10 of the 14 ties they have played in Davis Cup history.
TENNIS WORLD MAGAZINE - Issue 17 - FREE READING
In this issue you can find:
- Roger is training as if he is a happy child (here)
- An Interview With Garbine Muguruza Blanco (here)
- The greatest game ever played (here)
- The rise of Taylor Townsend (here)
- Sports Parents – Can It Work? (here)