Tennis - Another retired tennis star is making a comeback to the doubles circuit. This time, its Sweden's Jonas Bjorkman, who announced on Wednesday that he will play doubles at the If Stockholm Open with countryman Robert Lindtsedt.
Bjorkman, who reached no. 4 in the world in singles and also made the semi-finals at Wimbledon one time, has won this event three times, the last with Kevin Ullyett, and will now aim to win a fourth title in Stockholm.
Bjorkman's comeback comes a couple of months after Swiss Martina Hingis made a doubles comeback on the WTA circuit but that has not been as successful as she might have hoped.
TENNIS WORLD MAGAZINE - Issue 17 - FREE READING
In this issue you can find:
- Roger is training as if he is a happy child (here)
- An Interview With Garbine Muguruza Blanco (here)
- The greatest game ever played (here)
- The rise of Taylor Townsend (here)
- Sports Parents – Can It Work? (here)