Retired French tennis star Marion Bartoli has revealed that she dates ATP pro and fellow Frenchman Richard Gasquet when they were 16 years old. Bartoli made the revelation during a TV show in which she lost a ping pong match and had to answer one of the questions as a result.
28 year old Bartoli retired from the game last month, just 40 days after winning Wimbledon. While she has kept the door open on a possible comeback, she said that her body was too tired and hurt after years of practice and competition and that she felt it was the right time to walk away.
Gasquet is currently ranked in the top 10 in the world on the men’s side and just reached the semi-finals of the US Open.
TENNIS WORLD MAGAZINE - Issue 17 - FREE READING
In this issue you can find:
- Roger is training as if he is a happy child (here)
- An Interview With Garbine Muguruza Blanco (here)
- The greatest game ever played (here)
- The rise of Taylor Townsend (here)
- Sports Parents – Can It Work? (here)