Venus Williams is following an alimentary diet which has caused the American tennis player to abandon the beloved steaks. Venus adopted an essentially vegetarian diet, but by her own admission, in moments of most tiredness and weakness she’s tempted by some meat products.
Venus was diagnosed with the ilness in 2011, which causes chronic lack of breath, weakness and muscular pains.
The news regarding surfaced after she retired in the second round of the US Open in 2011. Seven months were needed for recovery, and she is still battling with the effects of the illness today.
TENNIS WORLD MAGAZINE - Issue 17 - FREE READING
In this issue you can find:
- Roger is training as if he is a happy child (here)
- An Interview With Garbine Muguruza Blanco (here)
- The greatest game ever played (here)
- The rise of Taylor Townsend (here)
- Sports Parents – Can It Work? (here)