Former Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova has taken a wild card into next month's WTA indoor event in Paris.
Kvitova has struggled in the first month of the new season losing early in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. She won nly 2 matches in the three events. The Czech has dropped to no. 8 in the rankings and could fall further after failing to defend her quarter final points from Melbourne last year.
Needing match practice, Kvitova's decision to take a wild card seems like the right one.
Kvitova has an enviable record indoors and won this event in 2011 where she went unbeaten in indoor matches
TENNIS WORLD MAGAZINE - Issue 17 - FREE READING
In this issue you can find:
- Roger is training as if he is a happy child (here)
- An Interview With Garbine Muguruza Blanco (here)
- The greatest game ever played (here)
- The rise of Taylor Townsend (here)
- Sports Parents – Can It Work? (here)