Rising American youngster Christina McHae has pulled out of next week's WTA Toray Pan Pacific event in Tokyo.
McHale is still suffering from the effects of a virus she caught while contesting the London Olympics in July.
The 20-year-old lost in the first round of the US Open to Kiki Bertens and said she felt weak in the third set of that match.
“I am still not feeling 100%,” the 29th-ranked McHale tweeted.
McHale is one of the rising young Americans on the tour
TENNIS WORLD MAGAZINE - Issue 17 - FREE READING
In this issue you can find:
- Roger is training as if he is a happy child (here)
- An Interview With Garbine Muguruza Blanco (here)
- The greatest game ever played (here)
- The rise of Taylor Townsend (here)
- Sports Parents – Can It Work? (here)