Tennis - The Lady Lancers took down the Cougars easily, losing 18 games in 9 matches
Newly opened Ramser Tennis Courts at Mount Vernon, Ohio, served as the home ground of Mount Vernon Nazarene University for the first time in program history, but the home team suffered a commanding 9-0 defeat to Grace College Lady Lancers, winning just 18 games in 9 matches! The Lady Lancers were too strong in every department, winning 3 doubles matches in a dominant fashion and never looking back. Emily Mast/Carie Copeland defeated Gaby Reyes/Jayna Morehouse, just before Shelby Bankson/Briana Diehl added the identical win over Aly Landis/Hannah Bishop on court 3.
Jenna Jackson/Molly Fitzpatrick sent Grace College 3-0 in front after they bested Sarah Higgins/Ashley Weber 8-2 on court 2. Emily Mast continued with a great form in singles as well, losing 1 game in 6-1 6-0 triumph over Gaby Reyes on the main court, and it was Molly Fitzpatrick who brought the 5th point for the Lady Lancers, ousting Ashley Weber 6-0 6-1 on court 4. Briana Diehl was also very efficient, toppling Shelbi Keller 6-1 6-1 on court 6 before Carrie Copeland eases past Sarah Higgins 6-0 6-3 on court 2. Shelby Bankson had no troubles at all versus Aly Landis, scoring 6-2 6-1 triumph, and the tie was ended when Jenna Jackson beat Jayna Morehouse 6-4 6-0 on court 3.
Grace College Lady Lancers vs Mount Vernon Nazarene University Cougars 9-0
Doubles (Order of match finish - 1, 3, 2)
1. Emily Mast/Carie Copeland (GC) vs Gaby Reyes/Jayna Morehouse (MVNU) 8-1
2. Jenna Jackson/Molly Fitzpatrick (GC) vs Sarah Higgins/Ashley Weber (MVNU) 8-2
3. Shelby Bankson/Briana Diehl (GC) vs Aly Landis/Hannah Bishop (MVNU) 8-1
Singles (Order of match finish - 1, 4, 6, 2, 5, 3)
1. Emily Mast (GC) vs Gaby Reyes (MVNU) 6-1 6-0
2. Carrie Copeland (GC) vs Sarah Higgins (MVNU) 6-0 6-3
3. Jenna Jackson (GC) vs Jayna Morehouse (MVNU) 6-4 6-0
4. Molly Fitzpatrick (GC) vs Ashley Weber (MVNU) 6-0 6-1
5. Shelby Bankson (GC) vs Aly Landis (MVNU) 6-2 6-1
6. Briana Diehl (GC) vs Shelbi Keller (MVNU) 6-1 6-1