Stats from ATP & WTA Week 1- View: 39052 by Farid Khan
Tennis - Stats galore as tennis season commences
Tennis - As the tennis season commenced the previous week, there were fresh stats to dig out as well.
- Serbia's Jelena Jankovic didn't have the best of starts and has now lost four straight matches in Australia.
- Britain's Naomi Broady claimed her first top-30 win after nearly a decade on tour over Serbia's Ana Ivanovic.
- Ana Ivanovic has now lost to four opponents outside the top 120 in the last one year.
- Ana Ivanovic has started a season 0-2 for the first time in her career.
- Germany's Andrea Petkovic reached her first quarterfinals since the grass season.
- Switzerland's Belinda Bencic became the third top-25 woman last week to lose to an opponent outside the top 120. Ana Ivanovic and Svetlana Kuznetsova are the other two.
- Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki managed to bagel America's Christina McHale in each of their last three matches.
- All of the top four women withdrew from tournaments with injuries in a week.
- Austria's Tamira Paszek reached her first WTA semifinal since winning Eastbourne back in 2012.
- Novak Djokovic has now won 11 straight sets from Rafael Nadal.
- If Novak Djokovic goes on to win the Australian Open, he will become the first player since Roger Federer (2006) to win the title after winning in Doha.
- A title win in the Australian Open would be Novak Djokovic's seventh straight, equaling his career-best streak from 2011.
- Over half of Victoria Azarenka's career titles have come between January and March.
- Victoria Azarenka won her first title since 2013 by defeating Angelique Kerber in the Brisbane International final.
- No men's or women's finalist at Brisbane, Adelaide or Gold Coast has ever gone on to win the Australian Open.
- Roger Federer has reached 36 finals since the start of 2012: 18 titles, 18 runner-up finishes.
Also Read: Stats from Australian Open 2016