Wind stopped AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-AM

by   |  VIEW 1413

Wind stopped AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-AM

Wind stopped the 2023 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-AM while the third round was being played. The very strong gusts that hit Pebble Beach, California made it impossible for the game to run smoothly, forcing the organization to momentarily raise the white flag.

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-AM, results

No player was therefore able to finish their round, with the first group having now reached the last hole. The last group at the start was stopped while on the 7th hole, both on the Pebble Beach course, as well as Spyglass Hill and the Monterey peninsula.

Peter Malnati who didn't seem to suffer from the wind that characterized the day even before the interruption, who in fact leads the standings provisionally. For him 6 shots earned in just 12 holes, which allowed him to bring his score to -12.

The closest pursuers are Joseph Bramlett and Keith Mitchell, both at -10, but with the second stopped three holes earlier. Hank Lebioda and Kurt Kitayama also remain in the upper areas of the standings, stopped at -9, as well as the large group of players at -8, which also includes Viktor Hovland.

The prospect for the tournament now seems to be postponed by one day, with the possible end being moved to Monday. The Pga Tour became its own organization in 1968, when it split from the PGA of America, which is now primarily an association of golf professionals, such as instructors and club managers.

Tournament players first formed their own organization, the Association of Professional Golfers (APG). Later, in 1968, the players abolished the APG and agreed to operate as the PGA "Tournament Players Division", a fully autonomous division of the PGA, overseen by a new 10-member Tournament Policy Board.

The name then officially changed to "PGA Tour" in 1975. In 1981, it had a marketing dispute with the PGA of America and decided to officially change its name. From the end of August of that year it becomes "TPA Tour", which stands for "Tournament Players Association".

The dispute was resolved within seven months and the name of the tour reverted to being "PGA Tour" in March 1982.