There is an update about Tiger Woods accident. The Los Angeles County sheriff says detectives have determined what caused Tiger Woods to crash his SUV last month in Southern California but would not release details Wednesday, citing unspecified privacy concerns for the golf star.
Tiger Woods, update
"A cause has been determined, the investigation has concluded. We have reached out to Tiger Woods and his personnel. There’s some privacy issues on releasing information on the investigation so we’re going to ask them if they waive the privacy and then we will be able to do a full release on all the information regarding the accident.
We have all the contents of the black box, we’ve got everything,” Villanueva said. “It’s completed, signed, sealed and delivered. However, we can’t release it without the permission of the people involved in the collision", Sheriff Alex Villanueva said during a live social media event Wednesday in response to a question posed by The Associated Press.
The immediate reaction after Woods’ accident was, among many commentators, shock at the potential end of his golf career. Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Brian Polsky heavily hedged his prediction, saying only that Woods could”maybe […] to some extent be athletic” someday.
Dr. Mehmet Oz, talk show host and cardiothoracic surgeon, told TMZ Sports that a full recovery within a year could occur. “I won’t bet against Tiger Woods,” Oz said. Physical medicine & rehabilitation specialist Dr.
Brian Sutterer isn’t working on Woods’ case. But he’s worked on similar cases, as documented on his sports medicine-focused YouTube channel. He thinks that, given the extent of Woods’ injuries, the focus should be more about returning to an acceptable quality of life before even considering PGA Tour golf.