You’ve probably found yourself wondering just how much all your favorite athletes are worth, and who comes out on top. Forbes and Celebrity Net Worth recently revealed the list of the 20 richest athletes in the world.
The majority of the athletes on this list are former athletes.The top 10 may surprise you . . . 10. LeBron James: $480 Million “There is a lot of pressure put on me, but I don’t put a lot of pressure on myself. I feel if I play my game, it will take care of itself”.
– LeBron James LeBron James is an American professional basketball player in the NBA for the Cleveland Cavaliers. LeBron is considered to be one of the greatest basketball players of all time, and his net worth definitely reflects this statement.
9. Kobe Bryant: $500 Million “I’ll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it’s sitting on the bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot”. The late Kobe Bryant was an American former professional basketball player.
He played all 20 seasons of his career in the NBA with the LA Lakers and holds the record for longest number of seasons with one team. Kobe Bryant’s net worth is $500 million, putting him on this list of the richest athletes worldwide.
8. Floyd Mayweather: $565 Million “You hear certain things, negative things, all the time that aren’t true, but you never hear about the positive”. – Floyd Mayweather Floyd Mayweather is a former professional boxer with an unbelievable record of 50-0, undefeated.
He is also the founder of Mayweather Promotions, a fight promotion company. Mayweather recently added a significant amount of money to his total net worth after winning the hyped up fight against Conor McGregor in August 2017.
7. Roger Staubach: $600 Million “Confidence doesn’t come out of nowhere. It’s a result of something… hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication”. Roger Staubach is a former American football quarterback in the NFL.
He joined the Dallas Cowboys in 1969 and played for them for all 11 seasons of his career. He was with the team for five Super Bowls, four of them as the starting quarterback. 6. Magic Johnson: $600 Million “Ask not what your teammates can do for you.
Ask what you can do for your teammates”. – Magic Johnson Magic Johnson is an American former professional basketball player. Johnson played in the NBA for the LA Lakers for 13 seasons. Magic is president of basketball operations for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Magic Johnson is the 2nd richest basketball player in the world.
Final Countdown: Top 5
5. Michael Schumacher: $600 Million “When you start out in a team, you have to get the teamwork going and then you get something back”.
Michael Schumacher is a German former race car driver in the Formula One. He is regarded as one of the greatest Formula One drivers of all time. He is also the only driver in history to win seven Formula One World Championships, five of which he won consecutively.
4. Tiger Woods: $800 Million “I get to play golf for a living. What more can you ask for – getting paid for doing what you love”. Tiger Woods is an American professional golfer, and one of the most popular and notorious golfers of all time.
He is also one of the highest paid athletes in the world on a yearly basis. 3. Michael Jordan: $1.9 Billion “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying”. Michael Jordan is an American retired professional basketball player.
Jordan played a total of 15 seasons in the NBA, with his career split between two teams - the Chicago Bulls and Washington Wizards. Since retiring Jordan has become the principal owner of the Charlotte Hornets. 2. Ion Tiriac: $2 Billion “I have every single Ferrari that came out.
I have all the Mercedes they came out with, all the Jaguars they came out with, all the Porsches they came out with”. Ion Tiriac is a Romanian former professional tennis and ice hockey player. After retiring from playing sports professionally, Tiriac is now the owner of the Mutua Madrid Open Tennis Tournament.
He also manages Lucas Pouille, a French professional tennis player. 1.Vince McMahon: $2.2 Billion “I’m not afraid of failing. I don’t like to fail. I hate to fail. But I’m not afraid of it”. Vince McMahon is an American former professional wrestler.
He is currently the majority owner, chairman and CEO of WWE. McMahon took control of the company from his father in the 1980’s. The majority of hisnet worth came from his success with the WWE company.
Top 20 in 2020
- Vince McMahon
- Ion Tiriac
- Michael Jordan
- Tiger Woods
- Michael Schumacher
- Magic Johnson
- Roger Staubach
- Floyd Mayweather
- Kobe Bryant
- LeBron James
- Eddie Jordan
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- David Beckham
- Roger Federer
- Bud Selig
- Michael Buffer
- Shaquille O’Neal
- Lionel Messi
- Phil Mickelson
- Vinnie Johnson