Nick Kyrgios, Cameron Norrie, Reilly Opelka and Frances Tiafoe have all been confirmed for the 2022 Delray Beach Open.
Kyrgios, 26, is set to make his second appearance at the tournament as he lost in the Delray Beach round-of-16 in his debut at the tournament in 2019.
Nick Kyrgios Frances Tiafoe Reilly Opelka & Cam Norrie are confirmed entries in the 2022 Delray Becah Open in February #ATP @DelrayBeachOpen pic.twitter.com/Oy2ANGaWFQ — John Horn (@SportsHorn) November 22, 2021
Norrie and Opelka have both played in Delray Beach three times Norrie made the Delray Beach semifinal this year, while Opelka made it all the way at the tournament last year. On the other side, Tiafoe is set to make his fifth Delray Beach appearance.
Tiafoe has also enjoyed success in Delray Beach in the past as he captured his maiden ATP title in Delray Beach in 2018.
Kyrgios clarifies his suggestion to cancel the Australian Open
“I don’t think the Aus Open should go ahead, just for the people in Melbourne – you’ve got to send a message,” Kyrgios said on his "No Boundaries" podcast.
“How long did [Melbourne] do in lockdown? 275 days or something?” Later, Kyrgios clarified his comments on Instagram. "First of all, I just want to clear up a couple of things. As you know, I’ve started a new podcast with two of my childhood friends, and some things have been taken out of context regarding the Australian Open,” he said.
“I just wanted to send this video to clear it up, and have a bit of clarity. "Tennis has been such a big part of my life for 15 years-plus. I have given myself and a lot of sacrifice every single day for this sport.
I love it. To say I would want the Australian Open cancelled, that was the sentence that was taken out of context. “It’s more so for the people of Melbourne, who have been through hell. I think it’s been 275 days, nearly 300 days of lockdown, and your freedom has been taken away from you.
“I don’t think it’s morally right to accept players from overseas that aren’t vaccinated, to come into our country."