Alex de Minaur delays his Doha debut



by   |  VIEW 3016

Alex de Minaur delays his Doha debut

Australian tennis player Alex de Minaur has withdrawn from Doha. De Minaur, ranked at No. 34 in the world, won't be making his debut on the hard courts of Doha.

De Minaur is having a strong week in Rotterdam, having made the quarterfinal.

In the first round, de Minaur destroyed former world No. 7 David Goffin 6-0 6-3. "I think I played really well," de Minaur said after beating Goffin.. "I played exactly how I wanted to. My coach and I set up a plan about how we wanted to play this match and I managed to execute it.

It is a very good feeling. Mentally I thought I was very solid and positive and that is one of the main aspects I am trying to focus on this year."

De Minaur backed his big win over Goffin

On Wednesday, de Minaur defeated Mackenzie McDonald 7-6 (6) 1-6 6-4 to reach the Rotterdam quarterfinal.

De Minaur is doing what he was hoping he would after the Australian Open. De Minaur made the Australian Open round-of-16 before losing to Jannik Sinner. After losing to SInner, de Minaur was in positive spirits. “It's been a good start to the season, bringing in some good momentum,” de Minaur said after losing to Sinner.

“[I] came up short today, but [I’m] happy with where my level is going. It's definitely a big improvement from last year. I'm excited for what's to come." De Minaur's goal for the entire season is to keep a positive mindset and attitude.

“It's a long year, but my hopes and goals are to keep at least my attitude and my mindset throughout the whole year. It's easier said than done, but that's the focus," de Minaur added. De Minaur is playing in Rotterdam for the second time and he is aiming to win his first Rotterdam title.