Tennis - US Open champions Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek have qualified for the doubles event at the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals in London for the second year in a row. Runners-up in New York, Alexander Peya and Bruno Soares have also qualified for the event - which means three of the eight berths have been taken up.
Top-ranked Bryan Brothers, who fell two matches short of their quest to win all the four slams in the same season, had already qualified a few weeks ago. Stepanek commented,. "That's the trophy which is missing in Leander's showcase.
That's what I'm very focused on, that's what I would like to deliver." Here is a look at the doubles standings in the race to London - Doubles Pos. Name YTD Points 1. B. Bryan (USA) / M. Bryan (USA) 12,705
A. Peya (GER) / B. Soares (BRA) 6,185
3. M. Granollers (ESP) / M. Lopez (ESP) 3,350
4. L. Paes (IND) / R. Stepanek (CZE) 2,990
5. A. Qureshi (PAK) / J. Rojer (NED) 2,695
6. I. Dodig (CRO) / M . Melo (BRA) 2,685
Fyrstenberg (POL) / M. Matkowski (POL) 2,540
8. D. Marrero (ESP) / F. Verdasco (ESP) 2,250
9. J. Benneteau (FRA) / N. Zimonjic (SRB) 2,220
10. S. Gonzalez (MEX) / S. Lipsky (USA) 2,030