Florian Mayer announces sad news on his career


by   |  VIEW 8508
Florian Mayer announces sad news on his career

Florian Mayer has announced a bad news for all his fans on Friday. Ahead of the Munich event that takes place next week in his country, Germany, the world No. 72 said he will end his career late this year. 'This is my last BMW Open, my last year on Tour.' After US Open, Mayer will end his career.

The 34-year-old achieved a career-high ranking at No. 18 in June 2011. At the moment he has a 241-252 win/loss record on the ATP Tour, and two titles: 2011 Bucarest and 2016 Halle. In the German tournament two years ago he defeated the current world No.

3 in the final to get his best triumph ever. His best Grand Slam result are two Wimbledon quarter-finals in 2004 and 2012. He recently broke the $7 million career prize money barrier. This year he didn't win any main draw match on the ATP Tour on six played.

'With my game, made up of many slices, it's even tougher and 20-year-olds are coming, very motivated, in shape, play very hard and are strong physically. It's becoming even more difficult every year to stay in the top 100', Mayer said.

ALSO READ: Roger Federer has updated his 2018 schedule - Full details