ATP Chairman Andrea Gaudenzi says the goal remains to resume the season on June 8. Last week, the ATP extended the Tour suspension through to June 07 due to the coronavirus outbreak. On June 8, the grass season is scheduled to kick off.
The Tour is closely following the situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak but they hope there won't be need for more suspensions. "We continue to assess all options related to preserving and maximising the calendar based on various return dates for the Tour," Gaudenzi said in a statement posted on the ATP Tour.
"It goes without saying that full cooperation with the other governing bodies is essential. We are in close discussion with all the grass-court events and they remain on the calendar as scheduled at this time. “The reality is this is a rapidly evolving situation and there is no option other than to take this day-by-day and week-by-week”.
Suspending the Tour was a difficult and tough decision but the ATP puts the health and safety of its players at first place. "It is hard to fathom what has happened in the world in the past few weeks and it’s remarkable to think that, in ordinary times, last Sunday would have seen the culmination of the first ATP Masters 1000 of the year in Indian Wells,” Gaudenzi said.
“The current suspension of the Tour leaves a big void in all our lives. However, we are seeking to play our part over the coming weeks through our digital and social media platforms which, among other initiatives, has included the launch of a #tennisathome content campaign to deliver some positive and fresh content to our fans”.