Doubles specialist Bob Bryan remains optimistic that Andy Murray will be able to make a comeback following his second hip surgery. Former world No. 1 Murray told BBC Sport on Wednesday that he is now pain-free but his chances of playing at Wimbledon this July are less that 50 percent.
However, the three-time Grand Slam champion remains hopeful that he will be able to continue his career. Bryan, 40, underwent the same hip surgery in August and returned to competitive action this past January. The 40-year-old hasn't had any issues with his hip since returning from the surgery as he and his brother Mike Bryan won it all at the Delray Beach Open last month.
"We've gone back and forth on WhatsApp," Bryan exclusively told BBC Sport. "He's sent me some videos on the stuff he's doing. We've actually talked a couple of times. "It looks like he's really doing great.
He's in a good place, mentally. It's kind of how I felt after I got the surgery. I felt like there was help. "Now he's got a chance. It's unchartered territory. No-one's ever come back with a hip replacement to play singles, as we all know, so it's going to be a tough road.
But in my heart, I believe he can do it." Murray last played at the Australian Open, where he lost his opener to Roberto Bautista Agut in a five-set battle.