Former world No. 1 Andy Murray will make his return to the Queen's Club this June, the organizers announced on Tuesday. Murray, 32, didn't play the singles in Queen's last year but made his return from a hip resurfacing surgery there as he won the doubles title with Feliciano Lopez.
The Briton owns a 30-7 singles record in Queen's as he has won a record of five titles at the tournament. "We know Andy is still working his way back to fitness, but we also know that he wants to play, so fingers crossed that he will be able to," Queen's Tournament Director Stephen Farrow said following the announcement.
Rising stars Daniil Medvedev and Stefanos Tsitsipas join Murray as they will also compete on the grass courts of Queen's this year. World No. 5 Medvedev made the semifinal last year in his third Queen's appearance, while sixth-ranked Tsitsipas had a quarterfinal showing in his debut at the tournament.
Meanwhile, Lopez will return to the Queen's as the defending champion as the 38-year-old Spaniard will be aiming to win his third title at the tournament this year. "I thought when I won the title in 2017 that it was the best moment of my career. I was wrong. It was last year!" Lopez said.
• Feliciano Lopez issues very interesting response to Novak Djokovic's DC criticism• Andy Murray hits Novak Djokovic with sharp words?• Alexander Zverev candidly addresses ripping Daniil Medvedev in Monte Carlo • Daniil Medvedev makes very interesting announcement for start of 2024 • Daniil Medvedev bows to Jannik Sinner: "He will win Slams and become no.1"• ATP Finals: Jannik Sinner tops Daniil Medvedev, reaches final