Monmouth University men's tennis team defeated the visiting Pioneers of Sacred Heart to secure its third straight win on Wednesday afternoon after. The Hawks earned straight set victories in all but one match, improving to 3-0 on the fall season.
Monmouth will now travel to Philadelphia next weekend to compete at the Northeast Regional tournament.
1. Lefteri Apostolou (SAC) def. Mateo Bivol (MON) 3-6, 7-5, 10-8
2. Gabriel Busato (MON) def. Matyas Vencl (SAC) 4-6, 6-3, 10-4
Francisco Erramuspe (MON) def. Antoine Hernandez (SAC) 6-3, 6-1
4. Alex Martinez Sanz (MON) def. Darius Eftekhar (SAC) 6-2, 7-6 (4-)
5. Diego Laporta (MON) def. Enr Laennec-Baffrey (SAC) 6-3, 6-2
6. Gabriel Berner (MON) def. Arya Alla (SAC) 6-4, 6-2
Mateo Bivol and Yoav Weinberg (MON) def. Lefteri Apostolou and Antoine Hernandez (SAC) 6-2
2. Gabriel Busato and Diego Laporta (MON) def. Darius Eftekhar and Matyas Vencl (SAC) 6-4
3. Adam Hillerby and Christof Zeiler (MON) def. Paul Gonclaves and Percy Meehan (SAC) 6-0
About the Monmouth University
Monmouth University is a private university located in West Long Branch in the state of New Jersey.Founded in 1933 as Monmouth Junior College, it became a university in 1995.
It currently has approximately 6,500 students and over 73% of faculty members hold a PhD or Master's degree. The student-faculty ratio is 15:1. 44% of students live on campus.Monmouth University's placement on the U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges Ranking increased during the 2010s, moving from 76 in 2005 to 37 in 2012 and 30 in 2013 among regional universities in the Northern United States.Despite moving up to the U.S.
News & World Report ranking, however, Monmouth University did not appear on Forbes Magazine's List of America's Best Colleges until 2021. Monmouth University has held multiple academic symposia on the work of Bruce Springsteen and houses the Bruce Springsteen Archives and Center for American Music.Monmouth's athletic teams are known as the Hawks.
The Hawks compete as members of the Colonial Athletic Association. The school had competed as a Division I (NCAA) school in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference from 2013 to 2023.