Novak Djokovic ends practice after shown text by coach, per report

by   |  VIEW 119990

Novak Djokovic ends practice after shown text by coach, per report

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic booked a practice court for two hours on Thursday but left after just 30 minutes, German news outlet Bild reports. Per Bild, Djokovic's fitness trainer Marco Panichi showed a text to the world No.

1 and shortly after the Serb packed his things and left the court. The judge reinstated Djokovic's visa but Immigration Minister Alex Hawke could use his powers to cancel the visa of the world No. 1 and send him home. On Wednesday, Djokovic addressed the "misinformation" of his whereabouts following a positive COVID-19 test.

Djokovic tested positive on December 16 but was pictured at public events on December 17 and 18. "I want to address the continuing misinformation about my activities and attendance at events in December in the lead up to my positive PCR COVID test result," Djokovic said in a statement.

"This is misinformation which needs to be corrected, particularly in the interest of alleviating broader concern in the community about my presence in Australia, and to address matters which are very hurtful and concerning to my family."

Djokovic: 'I ensured the safery of everyone'

"I want to emphasise that I have tried very hard to ensure the safety of everyone and my compliance with testing obligations.
I attended a basketball game in Belgrade on 14 December after which it was reported that a number of people tested positive with COVID 19.

Despite having no COVID symptoms, I took a rapid antigen test on 16 December which was negative, and out of an abundance of caution, also took an official and approved PCR test on that same day," Djokovic added. "The next day I attended a tennis event in Belgrade to present awards to children and took a rapid antigen test before going to the event, and it was negative.

I was asymptomatic and felt good, and I had not received the notification of a positive PCR test result until after that event. "I felt obliged to go ahead and conduct the L’Equipe interview as I didn’t want to let the journalist down, but did ensure I socially distanced and wore a mask except when my photograph was being taken.

"While I went home after the interview to isolate for the required period, on reflection, this was an error of judgement and I accept that I should have rescheduled this commitment."