The Djokovic family released a statement after Novak's deportation, stating they would give their full support to the world No. 1. On Sunday, Djokovic lost his Australia visa appeal and was deported from Australia. Unfortunately for Djokovic and his family, the world No.
1 was stripped of a chance to defend his Australian Open title. "These are difficult moments, especially for Novak; however, what we all have to do now, particularly we, as his family is to give him our full support more than ever before," they said, per 9News.
"We'll be there to share the blows he's received to help him regain his energy and the faith in this sport and above all the fair play, lacking on this occasion. "We are proud of him and the strength he demonstrated in his dignified fight.
"We believe he is going to come out of this stronger and that the time will tell what Novak has certainly demonstrated so far what a great champion and a decent man he is."
Djokovic accepted the court's decision
"I would like to make a brief statement to address the outcome's of today's Court hearing, I will now be taking some time to rest and recuperate, before making any further comments beyond this," Novak Djokovic said in a statement.
"I'm extremely disappointed with the Court ruling to discuss my application for judicial review of the Minister's decision to cancel my visa, which means I cannot stay in Australia and participate in the Australian Open.
"I respect the Court's ruling and I will cooperate with the relevant authorities in relation to my departure from the country. "I'm uncomfortable that the focus of the past weeks has been on me and I hope that we can all now focus on the game and tournament I love, I would like to wish the players, tournament officials, staff, volunteers and fans all the best for the tournament."