The Millennium Estoril Open didn't receive a good news on Saturday last week as Nick Kyrgios has withdrawn for the second year in a row, due to an elbow injury. The good news is that David Ferrer is set to make his comeback on the ATP Tour just in Estoril after skipping Monte Carlo and Barcelona due to paternity, but more good news may come as the organizers consider the chance to give Novak Djokovic a wild card invitation.
'We are speaking with Djokovic's camp. Let's see what happens', the tournament director João Zilhão told Record. The Djokovic's appearance in Portugal will depend much by what he will do at the Barcelona Open.
If he loses early in the Spanish event, then the chances to see the Belgrade native competing in Estoril would increase a lot. ALSO READ: Maria Sharapova says she will never be Serena Williams's friend