Rafael Nadal PR manager shuts down false report: Fake news, stop the lies



by   |  VIEW 12073

Rafael Nadal PR manager shuts down false report: Fake news, stop the lies

PR manager Benito Perez-Barbadillo furiously reacted after seeing some of the reports that have surfaced ahead of the Rafael Nadal and Casper Ruud French Open final. On Sunday, a French radio reported that Nadal's team has requested an additional press conference for today or tommorow, likely to announce a retirement.

Nadal has playing through a foot issue throughout the entire French Open tournament but has still managed to reach the final. After seeing the report from a French radio, Perez-Barbadillo called it "fake news."

On Twitter, Perez-Barbadillo stumbled upon a tweet that read: "As per RMC Sport & Europe 1, Rafa’s team asked for an additional press conference today or tomorrow after the final no matter the result, which makes them think he might announce something important (retirement)."

Perez-Barbadillo reacted: "FAKE NEWS FROM THOSE RADIOS FYI."

Perez-Barbadillo: Those reports are completely false

"Good morning, Bonjour.

The information that appeared in some media about the request for a second press conference @RafaelNadal is completely false,"

Meanwhile, is set to play his 14th French Open final. Nadal, who missed almost the entire second half of the 2021 season due to a foot injury, has started to once again experience problems with his foot.

Earlier this week, Nadal said that he will do his best to return to Roland Garros next year. "I am confident and I trust I can return [to Roland-Garros]," Nadal said, per Eurosport. “I accept things as they come, I have no intention of making it seem like a farewell.

We keep working to find a solution to my foot injury. My intention is to return to Roland-Garros next year." Nadal, who turned 36 this week, has never lost a French Open final in his life. Today, Nadal is the big favorite to beat Nadal and win a record 22nd Grand Slam title. Nadal has no previous meetings versus Ruud.