Monte Carlo Masters organizers seemingly confirm Rafael Nadal is 100% coming
by DZEVAD MESIC | VIEW 6723
The Monte Carlo Masters organizers might have just confirmed that Rafael Nadal is 100% coming to the tournament this April. Nadal, 36, sustained a hip injury in Australia and he hasn't played since. After Nadal pulled out of the Masters events in Indian Wells and Miami, the reports said the Spaniard was doing all he could to be ready for the Monte Carlo Masters, which starts on April 9th.
Now, it seems that Nadal is 100% returning to play in Monte Carlo. "We’re eager to welcome the legend, Rafael Nadal. He is definitely able to win his 12th trophy in Monte Carlo despite of his last injury," the tournament's tweet from Thursday read.
ð¾ We’re eager to welcome the legend @RafaelNadal
ðªð¸ He is definitely able to win his 12th trophy in #montecarlo despite of his last injury #RolexMonteCarloMasters #Monaco pic.twitter.com/DVxtFYIU7W — Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters (@ROLEXMCMASTERS) March 23, 2023
Nadal preparing to return in Monte Carlo
This week, the Barcelona Open - which starts on April 17th - released its entry list and Nadal's name appeared.
David Ferrer, who is now the tournament director there, revealed that Nadal "is practicing five days a week and hoping to return to play in Monte Carlo." "Nadal is practicing five days a week. The idea is for him to start in Monte Carlo now.
Personally, I want him to have a good campaign on clay," Ferrer said this week. Earlier this month, Nadal announced his withdrawal from Indian Wells and Miami. In his withdrawal announcement, Nadal said his goal was "to come back in the best conditions." "It’s been a while since I don’t communicate with you.
Took my time off, started rehab, gym and physiotherapy as instructed by the doctors. Getting ready to come back the in the best conditions. I am sad that I won’t be able to compete at Indian Wells nor Miami. Very sad not to be there.
I’ll miss all my US fans but I hope to see them later this year during the summer swing," Nadal wrote on Twitter on March 3rd. Now, everything is pointing toward Nadal returning to action in Monte Carlo, where the Spaniard is a record 11-time champion.