'We hope Rafael Nadal, Djokovic, Zverev play in 2019 Monte Carlo' -Director


by   |  VIEW 7292
'We hope Rafael Nadal, Djokovic, Zverev play in 2019 Monte Carlo' -Director

The 113th edition of the Rolex Monte Carlo Masters that will take place from 13th to 21st April 2019 has been announced to the press in Milan on Thursday. The Tournament Director Zeljko Franulovic is satisfied with the work they have been doing so far.

Monte Carlo is the only non-mandatory Masters 1000 and a few top players regularly miss it, but the Spaniard Rafael Nadal will certainly headline the field seeking his 12th title there. 'Our tournament wants to hold to its tradition, but we also want to look to the future and improve our facilities', said Franulovic.

'In 2019 we will open our new facility for TV production, a restaurant for players and a new room for interviews. Our location is smaller than in other Masters 1000 tournaments but is unique around the world and this makes our tournament so special.

The ticket selling for the 2019 edition is going well. Italian fans and Italian tennis clubs have shown their continuous support over the years. We suggest our loyal Italian fans should go on our website to buy the still available tickets as soon as possible.

We really hope that the best players like Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Alexander Zverev will be in top form in the week of our tournament. The Main Draw Ceremony will be held at the Jardins Méditérranéens of the Monte-Carlo Bay, the official hotel of the tournament.

The traditional charity event will take place on 12th April on the Court Rainier III. It will be attended by the best players of the tournament. This year the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters has chosen to support the Monte-Carlo Red Cross, one of the most important charity organizations worldwide.' Franulovic also commented on the many new tennis events taking place: Laver Cup, Davis Cup and ATP World Team Cup.

'On one hand, I understand that players would like to have more tournaments, but as a tournament organizer I am not very happy because more tournaments mean a higher risk of injuries for players', he said. 'The fact that the ITF has decided to invest a lot of money on tennis is positive for our sport, but I think that the new Davis Cup cannot be held during the period between the ATP Finals and the new ATP World Team Cup.' ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title