Paris Masters Tournament Director Guy Forget met the press after Rafael Nadal's withdrawal at the Paris Masters. "It was a big disappointment because he was really playing well. Many people were saying that his game level was rarely so high.
The match against (Denis) Shapovalov was a promising one. It's a shame because he told us he was enjoying himself. He got so disappointed for leaving the tournament." On Nadal playing an exhibition match in Kazakhstan before Paris last month, Forget added: "At least, he came.
Since I know him, he always had an unbelievable commitment, he is a great professional, he is always there when we wait for him. We see him next year." Nadal said: "Today (On Saturday), in the morning, I had been practicing well.
And in one of the last serves of the warm-up, I felt something in the abdomen. And immediately, I came back to the doctor here to do the echography and to check with the doctor, and the doctor told me that we need to wait a little bit more.
So I waited for one hour and a half more to do a second test. And we did it, we saw something on the image, probably a small strain. And then I tried to come back on court to practice again and to see how the things are going with my serve, but I still feeling the pain there."
We will see if the 19-time Grand Slam winner will be able to play the ATP Finals in London and the Davis Cup in Madrid.