Zeljko Franulovic, Masters 1000 of Monte Carlo tournament director, told TennisActu that the hope to announce Roger Federer's presence at the last minute is still there. On Tuesday the entry list was published and the only top 10 absent were Federer and Nishikori.
If it's 100% sure that the Japanese player won't play, things change when it comes to the Swiss. 'Last year he decided to play at the last minute too. We are in contact with him and his family and we reserved a wild card for him if he will decide to play', Franulovic explained.
Federer already said that he will announce his clay-courts season schedule after the Miami event that ends on April 2. ALSO READ: Roger Federer: 'It's an unique year for me. I'd love to face Nadal in a potential final'