I've taken decision about 2020 clay-court season, says Roger Federer


by   |  VIEW 15895
I've taken decision about 2020 clay-court season, says Roger Federer

Speaking to reporters in Geneva, Roger Federer said he has taken a decision about whether to play on clay in 2020 or not, but he does not want to share it yet. He also added: “Other players are planning three months ahead, I‘m doing it for nine months till Wimbledon so far, then probably Tokyo, followed by US Open and Laver Cup.

It could basically already talk about season 2022 since I don‘t know when it‘s over so it‘s basically endless." Federer held a clinic with NetJets clients on Tuesday at the venue that hosts the Geneva Open on clay in May.

"We were approached by the Laver Cup organizers at the end of 2018. We were looking for a club who could have been informal in helping with external events," said Eric Rogers, director of Geneva Tennis Club. "We hired ten security managers."

Jose Antonio Sanchez recalled when he beat Rafael Nadal at 14 years of age when the world No. 2 was 12. It was in the summer of 1998 in Barcelona. He defeated Nadal 6-4, 7-5. "I remember the whole match, how it developed," said Sánchez de Luna, who achieved his career-high ranking at No.

240. "At the time, it was impossible to guess he would have achieved so much although you could see he was special."