Croatian big server Ivo Karlovic, who has served the most aces on the ATP Tour, is the leader when it comes to first serve points won on grass courts, hard courts and clay courts, according to an analysis published by the ATP Tour.
When it comes to points won on second serve, 20 time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer leads the tour on grass courts and hard courts and 12 time Roland Garros champion Rafael Nadal leads the tour when it comes to clay. The 6 ft 11 in Karlovic is the career leader of first serve points won at 82.8 per cent (31,514/38,081) and he also dominates on each of the surfaces.
The ATP Tour analysis published is as below -
- Grass = Ivo Karlovic (84.0%)
- Hard = Ivo Karlovic (83.4%)
- Clay = Ivo Karlovic (81.3%) Meanwhile, for second serves by surface, the percentages are mentioned as below - Second Serve Win Percentage Leader By Surface
- Grass = Roger Federer (60.2%)
- Hard = Roger Federer (58.1%)
- Clay = Rafael Nadal (58.7%) The study was based on 1.4 million points played on all three surfaces from the beginning of the 2015 season up to the current week.
No. Category Grass Hard Clay
1 1st Serve Win % 75.0% 73.4% 69.8%
2 2nd Serve Win% 52.9% 51.6% 51.2%