Rising Russian star Andrey Rublev, 22, claims he won't feel any pressure to do well at the Australian Open after starting the season with back-to-back titles captured. Rublev, 22, beat France's Corentin Moutet in the Doha final last week, before he saw off South-African Lloyd Harris in the Adelaide final this past Saturday.
Rublev, who has never made it past the third round at the Australian Open, is set to make his fourth consecutive main draw appearance at Melbourne Park. No. 17 seed Rublev won't have the crowd behind him as he is set to meet Australian wildcard Christopher O'Connell in the first round at Melbourne Park.
"I'm waiting from myself in Melbourne nothing. I don't have any expectations at all. The only thing I want is to fight and behave well on court in my first match. And then we'll see," Rublev said, per Maria Nikulashkina of Sport-Express Russia.
World No. 18 Rublev insists he will stay with both feet firmly on the ground as he said: "I'm invincible? Thanks God I don't think so. But for sure I'm more confident in what I do after two titles in a row."