Stefanos Tsitsipas: I've taken precautionary measures, my health is my top priority


by   |  VIEW 1373
Stefanos Tsitsipas: I've taken precautionary measures, my health is my top priority

World No. 6 Stefanos Tsitsipas says his health is his top priority and he isn't taking the coronavirus lightly but he is still managing to get some practice and work done. On Wednesday, the ATP expanded the Tour suspension as now there won't be any events played before June 7, when the grass season is scheduled to start.

"Hi everyone, lately I have been seeing a lot of comments and concerns about my health and safety as a result of traveling in recent weeks... I want you all to know that my health is the number one priority and therefore I have been trying to stay indoors as much as possible.

I can assure you that while traveling I have taken all the necessary precautions in order to stay safe and minimize any exposure by social distancing as best as I can," Tsitsipas said a statement posted on his Twitter account.

"However, as an athlete, staying active in whichever way I still can is also important to me. There are certain times throughout the day where I need to get out to exercise and take care of my body whenever it is possible to do so safely.

"So, please know, I'm taking this very seriously and I am aware that every person has a part to play in beating this virus in order for us to move past these difficult times as quickly as possible." Tsitsipas' was playing a great tennis just before the Tour got suspended as he made back-to-back finals in his last two tournaments played.

The Greek defeated rising Canadian star Felix Auger-Aliassime in the Marseille final last month, before he lost to world No. 1 Novak Djokovic in the Dubai final a week later.