Bernard Tomic reportedly admitted to Andrea Petkovic he lied about coronavirus


by   |  VIEW 8341
Bernard Tomic reportedly admitted to Andrea Petkovic he lied about coronavirus

Australian Bernard Tomic reportedly admitted to Germany's Andrea Petkovic that he lied in his recent interview given to the Herald Sun. Last week, Tomic claimed he was having "all the symptoms" of the coronavirus.

Former world No. 17 Tomic last played at the Monterrey Challenger at the beginning of the month. Tomic didn't impress in Monterrey as he exited the event in the round-of-16 after losing to fellow compatriot Aleksandar Vukic.

"Since Tuesday, started feeling not right,” Tomic told the Herald Sun over a week ago. “I already had shortness of breath and my immune system was low and run down. "I’m currently in Miami and isolated away from everyone, as advised.

“I’m yet to be tested for it (COVID-19) but I have all the symptoms. “I reckon I got it travelling from Mexico to Monterrey last week." After reading the news, Petkovic apparently contacted Tomic and he told her he was fine and feeling no symptoms.

"He often talks without thinking, the last time it was about the coronavirus. I wrote to him a few days ago and he admitted that it was all a lie and that he even doesn't know why he did it," Petkovic reportedly told GoTennis, as revealed on We Love Tennis France.

Meanwhile, the ATP extended the Tour suspension through to June 7 due to the coronavirus outbreak. On June 8, the grass season is scheduled to start, with ATP 250 events in Stuttgart and 's-Hertogenbosch taking place.