French tennis star Richard Gasquet, 33, says he can't complain in these difficult times as he admits there's lots of people who are in a much worse position than he is during the coronavirus pandemic. The coronavirus pandemic has negatively impacted many aspects of life and one millions of people have lost their job as a result of the coronavirus pandemic lockdown.
The Tour has been suspended until at least July 13 but the Frenchman insists that still it's not a reason for him to complain as he will be just fine financially during the break. Gasquet, a 15-time ATP champion, has earned a total of $18,226,854 in tournament prize money so far in his career.
"It's difficult for me to talk about stress. I'm not losing my job tomorrow. I'm not a caregiver. A lot of people are going through much harder things than I am," Gasquet told L'Equipe, as revealed by Quentin Moynet.
The ATP and WTA have given themselves until June 1 to decide what to do with the summer hard-court season. The general belief among the players appears to be that the season suspension will once get extended. Gasquet, a former world No.
7, doubts the season will resume after the current suspension expires as he says it will take time before tennis returns. "I don't see us playing for months and months. Moving hundreds of players of all nationalities is not going to be easy," Gasquet said.