Former world No. 14 Jerzy Janowicz thinks his personality is his best quality, while he admits being impatient is not a good thing.
Janowicz, a 2013 Wimbledon semifinalist, returned to competitive action earlier this year after missing the full past two season due to health issues.
- If he could choose to be another person for a day he would choose Angelina Jolie 😂
- He thinks his best quality is his personality, strong will
- The worst one is impatience and until recently, trusting people too quickly — Damian Kust (@LWOSdamiankust) May 17, 2020
The Pole has been battling with various injuries ever since his breakthrough campaign in 2013 but he has refused to call it a career. Janowicz, 29, says love for the sport made him want to be a tennis professional -- he has always loved competing even though he wasn't a big fan of practices growing up.
Janowicz, now ranked at No.
- Why did he become a tennis pro? Huge competitive drive and the love for the sport itself
- He didn't like the repetitiveness of training in his youth but loved playing points and fighting against an opponent
- His son is 15 months old but loves cleaning😂 — Damian Kust (@LWOSdamiankust) May 17, 2020
470 in the world, is hoping to stay injury free and have a successful comeback. The Pole doesn't want yet to think about what he will do once he walks away from professional tennis. Janowicz doesn't particularly like the media as he thinks they haven't been fair to him on numerous occasions.
- He doesn't want to think about what he'll be doing in the future yet
- The stupidest things he read about himself:
- an article comparing Hurkacz (good) and Janowicz (bad), which claimed he threw out some people from a tennis court next to the one he wanted to practice on ...
— Damian Kust (@LWOSdamiankust) May 17, 2020
- the media claimed he proposed to his girlfriend at a volleyball match because of a photo where she had tears in her eyes (she laughed herself to tears after his remark about a guy in front on them who smelled horribly 😂) — Damian Kust (@LWOSdamiankust) May 17, 2020