Coach Franco Davin details his battle with virus: I felt I was dying

by   |  VIEW 4272

Coach Franco Davin details his battle with virus: I felt I was dying

Kyle Edmund's coach Franco Davin has detailed his battle with the coronavirus as the 50-year-old admitted it was all but easy battling the infection. While in Miami for his coaching duties, Davin started feeling unwell and soon it was clear to him that something just wasn't right.

"At the end of June I had been working a lot on the court, for many hours; at this time (of the year) in Miami it's hot. And one day I began to feel the sensation of being insolated. I thought, 'I'm going to have to stop one day, get out of the heat.'

Just have a day to do something off the court and I took it as a day without so much sun. The next day I did the normal job and started feeling tired. That afternoon I stayed home and the next morning I took the test. That was Thursday the 25th.

I felt very bad, like I had a bad flu, with that body ache, that you don't want to get up from. The test, normally, they give it to you here in 48 or 72 hours and it just coincided with the weekend. So I was from Thursday to Monday without the result.

But it gave me the feeling that it could be a flu," Davin told La Nacion.

Davin reveals he was a bit lost

None of Davin's family members or friends were positive when he spoke with them so he suspected that he contracted the coronavirus from someone who didn't know that he was infected.

Davin wanted to know more but the information he was receiving wasn't the same from everyone he asked. "I work with many boys of 18, 20, 22 years, who are apparently asymptomatic and those who are transferring the virus.

At the time I went to do the test I called all the people I had been with and none had symptoms or the virus. So it also gave me the feeling that I did not have it. But that weekend I started to feel loss of taste and smell. There I was already feeling a little better physically, but on the fourth or fifth day I started coughing and shortness of breath.

That's the worst. In my situation it was what made me most desperate because you read everything that happens. I have Italian friends who told me one thing, the Spanish told me another," Davin said. "I tell you what I felt: that I was dying.

That I was four days away from going one way or the other," Davin said.

Davin also revealed that he was taking Paracetamol to treat the infection and he was lucky that it didn't get to the point where he would have to be hospitalized.