Naomi Osaka, in collaboration with mental health platform Modern Health, put together her pre-match playlist for her fans to enjoy on Spotify. “In the next phase of its partnership with Osaka, Modern Health released a pre-match playlist curated by the tennis champion, along with a new series of meditations titled "Embrace the Moment" that she's narrated, centered around preparing for a big event.
Osaka's pre-match playlist, available to everyone on Spotify, includes personally selected songs from her go-to genres, including Hip Hop, R&B, as well as her favorite Asian artists like SHAUN,” says the official press release.
Here are a few of the songs found on Osaka’s playlist:
- N95 by Kendrick Lamar
- Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce
- Hey Ya! by Outkast
- Pump Up The Jam by Technotronic
- Vegas by Doja Cat
- Dirt Off Your Shoulder by JAY-Z
- Make It Right (feat.
Lauv) by BTS and Lauv
- Sabotage by Beastie Boys
- Canned Heat by Jamiroquai
- X Gon’ Give It To Ya by DMX
- Don’t Stop The Music by Rihanna
- You Rock My World by Michael Jackson
- Killmonger by Ludwig Goransson
- Way Back Home by SHAUN
- Passin’ Me By by The Pharcyde
- Navajo by Masego
- When Doves Cry by Prince
- Lose Yourself by Eminem
- Numb by JAY-Z and Linkin Park
- I Like It by Cardi B, Bad Bunny, and J Balvin
Osaka admitted she is anxious before US Open
Osaka acknowledged that she hasn't played well in recent weeks but is determined to have a big US Open run. "I feel like I would have lied a day ago or so and said that I was really relaxed.
But actually, like, when I practiced today I felt very anxious. I think it's 'cause I really want to do well 'cause I feel I haven't been doing well lately," Osaka said, per James Gray.