During an Instagram Live, Paula Badosa was asked why did she side-eyed Stefanos Tsitsipas when they were both in Stefanos' stand. "Thank you for that question because I need to explain myself. I love his dad. I love Apo (Apostolos).
The match started. It was the third point, I think. I was just thinking my own stuff and everything. I was just looking there. After 5 minutes, it went viral. They were 'for sure, she hates him' I was 'oops, this is getting viral' We have an amazing relationship, all of us, the Badosa and Tsitsipas family.
It was just me thinking, sometimes I have this intense look," Badosa explained.
When did Badosa gave the "intense look" to Tsitsipas father
The moment Paula Badosa felt she had to explain happened during Stefanos' second-round match at Wimbledon against Andy Murray.
Here are some of the reactions coming from tennis fans:
- "Anyone thinks this will last?"
- "It’s the second look back at him for me.
That side eye is like something you see just before your favourite character dies on Game of Thrones"
- "I was thinking something similar lol. The Cersei Lannister withering "just wait" look. Scarry!"
- "If she only had heat ray vision."
- "Whatever he said, Badosa will not forget it…..she is a Scorpio.
He better watch for that sting."