American business magazine Forbes has released their annual list of the 100 highest paid athletes in 2015. The report covered athletes earning and bonuses between June 1st 2014 - June 1st 2015. The top 100 earners have a combined earning of $3.2 Billion, which is a 17% increase on last year.
Heading the list was boxers Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao following their multi-million dollar fight in Las Vegas. Mayweather earned $300 Million and Pacquiao made $150 Million. Tennis took seven spots on the list with a combined value of $243.8 Million which is 7.62% of the total income of the entire list.
The list includes five male players and two female players. The full list of tennis players is the following:- (5) Roger Federer $67 Million
(13) Novak Djokovic $48.2 Million
(22) Rafael Nadal $32.5 Million
(26) Maria Sharapova $29.7 Million
(47) Serena Williams $24.6 Million
(64) Andy Murray $22.3 Million
(92) Kei Nishikori $19.5 Million Note - numbers in brackets is their position in the top 100.