Several tennis players have built their perfect player during the quarantine period over the past couple of weeks. After Mardy Fish and Deigo Schwartzman did the same, it was the turn of Stan Wawrinka and Benoit Paire who built their perfect player during one of their Instagram Live sessions.
While both of them had several common picks, they did differ in a few areas. Both the players said they would like to have American John Isner's serve, the return of Novak Djokovic, the volleys of Roger Federer, the movement of Novak Djokovic, the one-handed backhand of Wawrinka, the double handed backhand of Djokovic and the touch of Paire.
However, they did differ when it came to the areas of the forehand, backhand and the mental toughness. Wawrinka said he would have picked Federer's forehand while Paire said he would pick Nadal's forehand. The Swiss player also picked the mental strength of Nadal and Djokovic while Paire picked Argentine Juan Martin del Potro's mental toughness.
- Service : John Isner
- Return: Novak Djokovic
- Forehand: Roger Federer (for Wawrinka) / Rafael Nadal (for Paire)
- Backhand: Stan Wawrinka (one-handed) / Novak Djokovic (two-handed)
- Volley : Roger Federer
- Mental Strength : Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic (for Wawrinka) / Juan Martín Del Potro (for Paire)
- Touch of ball : Benoit Paire
- Movement : Novak Djokovic