Bad news for Agnieszka Radwanska. The Polish player has withdrawn from the Mutua Madrid Open, that starts on Saturday this week, due to a back injury. That's what his coach Dawid Celt told local media. Radwanska had opened her clay-court season in Istanbul last week where she retired in the first round match to the Croatian Donna Vekic when was down 6-1 2-0.
Radwanska hurt her back in the day before during a training session. At the moment there aren't too many details about the kind of physical issues, but the former world No. 2 won't definitely play Madrid, and Rome neither (in the Italian event she had not entered).
'We hope she recovers for Paris tournament', Celt said about Radwanska potentially playing the French Open that starts in May 27. 'We would like Agnieszka to go thee. We will do everything so that she plays in the French capital.' Radwanska had achieved her best result in Madrid in 2012 and 2014 losing in the semifinals.
Last year she had skipped Madrid and Rome as well due to a foot injury, but at the end she had played Roland Garros. ALSO READ: Boris Becker defends Roger Federer from Ion Tiriac's criticism