The Center Court is the main court of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, where the Wimbledon tournament are held annually.
Built in 1922, it originally could hold 13,810 spectators. It is practically only used during the two weeks in which Wimbledon is held, but it is probably the most famous tennis stadium in the world. Center Court was used for the 2012 Summer Olympics.
After the 2006 tournament work began on the construction of the 5,200 square meter roof which can be deployed in ten minutes. During the 2007 edition the court had no cover whatsoever, something that has never happened since its inauguration in 1922. Since the 2009 edition, Center Court has had a new rain cover: the area above the pitch can be open or close as needed to avoid the match having to be suspended due to bad weather.
On May 17, 2009, following the renovations, the court was inaugurated with a mixed doubles performance between the pair Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf, against Tim Henman and Kim Clijsters. The renovation also resulted in an increase in the stadium's capacity to 14,979 spectators.
The ceiling was exploited for the first time on 29 June 2009, when the match of the women's round of 16 between Dinára Sáfina and Amélie Mauresmo was interrupted by a downpour during the second set but was able to resume after less than three quarters of an hour.